Lighthouse

Billion years this world has spanned... Close to a hundred was mine to spend... Searching for meaning in this existence... Hoping someday I'll make a difference Wishing that maybe, just maybe... Behind me I leave more than a story... Let me be a light in the dark... Let me be a guide to the ships... Let me show the way to the port... Let me be a light house...

Gathering of the March Babies

By De Ming





It was seven thirty in the evening, the sky was already dark and I strode into the sliding glass doors of Subang Parade with Zhen Wei hot at my heels. We swerved towards the left and stepped through another set of doors. At last we found ourselves in T.G.I Friday’s. The waiter by the door was politely gesturing towards a table where a group of teens were seated. “Your friends have been waiting.”

We walked towards the table as Shing Queen started waving at us. I smiled as I caught sight of the people at the table, among them were: Wei Herng, Raymond, Connie, Shing Queen, Hui Ting, Xiau Fong and Ee Suen. So why were we here? I did not know the answer till exactly two hours ago when I received a phone call from Ee Suen. I was then informed by Shing Queen that they wanted to celebrate the birthdays of the March Babies in T.G.I Friday’s and I was supposed to be there at seven. Talk about last minute.

I sat down beside Connie and we chat for at least half an hour before the food came. But before it arrive, Ee Suen, Shing Queen, Xiau Fong, Hui Ting and Connie still had the time to visit Pn. Ung and they definitely did not miss taking a photograph with the superstar. What would the people think?

Our food came at last and it was really nice. I enjoyed it a lot, so let us give a long applause to Shing Queen for her new found ordering talent.

After eating, five waiters came over and ordered the four of us, Zhen Wei, Connie, Hui Ting and I to stand on our chairs. We did. He then instructed us to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars. And we did. After all that and after being accused of spitting at one of the waiter, we were allowed to sit down. It was then when the flood gates were open and Hui Ting and Connie begin to tear. After a couple of hugs from Shing Queen, Ee Suen and Xiau Fong, we were told to share our feelings.

Unfortunately, I forgot what was said, so let us skip that part. We ate cake then. There were at least five types and we ended up wasting some of it. Once photography session was over, we chatted for a while and paid the bill of RM206!

Although it may be expensive, but I was quite touched that there were people out there who bothered to plan this type of thing (although it be very last minute). In truth, it was the first time in my life that I celebrated my birthday with my friends and it meant a lot to me. So thank you for putting in the effort, time and money for doing this for some one like me. Thank you so much Xiau Fong, Shing Queen, Wei Herng, Raymond, Zhen Wei, Connie, Hui Ting and Ee Suen!

No Comment

Post a Comment